Christmas is a great time of year. So many good moments to have with those in our lives and so many opportunities to remember why we have Christmas in the first place. I remember being in Africa for Christmas and New Years in 1999. It was amazing to be in another part of the world seeing these holidays celebrated and seeing the expression of joy and worship because of Jesus. Being there showed me how powerful Christmas is and that all over the world we have this massive holiday because of Jesus coming to earth. We celebrate because He came. We celebrate because He won. We celebrate because He’s alive and moving in the lives of people right now. Christmas is about Jesus!
So every blessing of friends and family gathering, vacation days, presents, special times at Church and more, are because of Him.
He deserves our hearts of worship not just at Christmas, but every day of the year! He’s amazing, He’s wonderful, He’s indescribable and when you think about all He has done and all He can do, it’s overwhelming.
I also know that Christmas can be a tuff time too. If so, I pray His comfort and peace over you right now. He knows who you are, where you are and what you’re feeling. No matter how you feel today or what you’re facing today, His mercy endures forever and His lovingkindness is for you.
His healing and grace can touch the void of loss, loneliness, family strife, struggle and more. No one is out of His reach; therefore, His arms are open to everyone for healing and new beginnings.
So because it’s 7 days to Christmas, what can we do?
I think it would be great for us each day, to thank Him for one thing He is and or one thing He has done. Let’s go into Christmas with our minds set on Jesus, because when we do this, we are promised to be in perfect peace (see Isaiah 26:3).
Notice this prophecy about Jesus’ birth. Luke 1:30-33 says –
30. “Don’t be afraid, Mary,” the angel told her, “for you have found favor with God! 31. You will conceive and give birth to a son, and you will name him Jesus. 32. He will be very great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give Him the throne of His ancestor David. 33. And He will reign over Israel forever; His Kingdom will never end!”
I love this!
He was declared the Son of the Most High and His Kingdom will never end. What’s so great is that Jesus fulfilled everything spoken about Him. He fulfilled it! He is who He said He was and His life proved that the angels were right too.
With all this being said, the least we can do is acknowledge at least one thing a day as we lead up to Christmas. So here are 7 things you can take and use as we have 7 Days to Christmas.
1. Jesus is our Savior (Matthew 1:21). Jesus is the only one who save us from our sins. He’s our Savior, giving us life eternal. Today is a great day to thank Him for giving us the greatest miracle we could ever have, salvation. This is unparalleled to anything else Jesus can do because, whoever comes to Him, He makes that person totally new. He cleans our conscience and frees our soul. He’s even making a place for us in heaven right now. Think about it, He’s anticipating our arrival, so our heavenly house is being prepped right now! How awesome is that? Today give Him thanks for being our Savior.
2. Jesus is our Healer (Psalms 147:3). Jesus heals our broken heart and bandages our wounds. Today, no matter what’s happening in us, Jesus can heal it. He paid the price for our healing and He’s invested in our lives being healed and made whole. This Christmas we can thank Him for being our healer and we can be healed too. He’s ready every day to do what we can’t do. He’s willing and able, so I encourage you to worship Him. Thank Him for being our healer and receive what He has for you.
3. Jesus is our Peace (Isaiah 9:6). Jesus the Captain of Peace. Only He can give that passes our understanding and that guards our heart and mind. In a world of chaos and anxiousness, we can have different in Him. He’s the Prince of Peace, meaning He controls this and only He can give it. I encourage you to either develop or continue in a daily prayer life, because His peace comes through us praying to Him. Jesus is your peace, and as you thank Him for it, you will receive it.
4. Jesus is our Protector (Psalms 46:1). There are so many verses about Jesus being our protector and it’s awesome. In Christ, we have perfect protection from all forms of danger. Today, we have all we need in Jesus and I believe, because He’s our protector, any danger, abuse or threat will be dismantled in Him. Today, everything you have and everywhere you go, He’s your protector. Man, He’s awesome!
5. Jesus is our Deliverer (Luke 4:18). Only Jesus can set us free from anything that binds us and we all need Him to be our deliverer. Meaning, all of us can be bound by a variety of things and yet nothing is too great for Him. Being bound by something doesn’t mean we’re less than or not good enough, it means we’re human and we need Jesus. Fear, addiction, anger, lust, pride, hate, greed and more will run scared from Jesus. So know, Jesus is your deliverer! He can set you free this very day.
6. Jesus is our Hope (Hebrews 11:1). Today, no matter what we’re facing, Jesus is our hope. He’s our hope because there’s nothing that He can’t do. Meaning, nothing is too big, too hard, too bad, or too tuff for Him. He’s supernatural and a miracle worker. There’s always hope with Jesus! He’s making a way out for you. He’s making a way of healing for you. He’s answering your prayers.
7. Jesus is our Provider (Philippians 4:19). There’s nothing we need, that Jesus can’t provide. This is finances, health, strength, courage and more. Today, you may be facing lack of some kind, if so, Jesus has what you need. He’s the source and our jobs, doctors and more are the resource. This is big because there’s only one source, Jesus. The resources are given as means for His blessings to come. His hand is full of abundance and He has enough to go around. He’s for you and He has what you need today!
These are 7 things we can thank Jesus for being as we have 7 Days to Christmas!
Do one a day and give Him praise. Let Him be lifted up and give Him your heart of thanksgiving. I believe doing this will lift our perspective and free our hearts of whatever is coming against them.
This is Jesus and He deserves ALL of our thanks today!
May these holidays be the best yet as we have 7 Days to Christmas!!